It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post and unfortunately, things got ‘a bit’ complicated in February and March. I hope you are doing well, and your family and friends are healthy. I know this time is very difficult for all of us and we need to support each other. I hope things will get better as soon as possible and we’ll get through this tough time.
Currently, I’m in Manchester although my university is closed. I’m doing online classes at the moment and I won’t go back to Istanbul for a while. Easter break will starts next Friday and I have a 3-WEEK break which is insane because now I don’t have exams to study for. In other words, I’m free as a bird. I’m really grateful to live in an environment that I really enjoy, hence implementing ‘self-isolation/social-distancing’ isn’t difficult for me. I want to share some tips that you can do while self-isolation. I hope you’ll find them helpful!
1. Clean your room
2. Read (books, magazines)
3. Catch up with your friends/family
4. Watch your favourite movies and tv series
5. Cook new recipes
6. Spend more time on self-care
7. Start journalling (it’s a good time for it as we all feeling a bit confused and anxious. So, writing down your feelings and thoughts might make you feel less overwhelmed)
8. Home workout (my aim is to exercise every day even it’s just for 15-20 minutes. I definitely recommend youtube for tons of home exercises which doesn’t require any equipment)
9. Yoga & Meditation (I do yoga every day and I try to implement meditation to stay present. I definitely recommend ‘Yoga With Adriene‘, she is my favourite yogi)
10. Take online-classes (I’ve done an online class last summer via Coursera and I was really happy with the results. I definitely encourage you to start a class that will suit your interests/goals.)
11. Explore art collections from all around the world (Tate Modern, Louvre, Metropolitan Museum of Art and more with Google Arts & Culture)
12. Unsubscribe from every email you don’t want
13. Create a new routine that works for you (Right now, I’m working on a brand new morning/afternoon/evening routine which will benefit me in the long run)
14. Play games (I love The Sims and been a huge fan since 2011)
15. Learn a new language (I think learning a new language is always fun! My sister recently starting learning French, because why not?)
16. Learn a new skill (That might be anything that you wanted to do for a while. For example, I want to learn to code)
17. Go through your kitchen cupboards and beauty products that you haven’t used for a while. Get rid of anything that doesn’t serve you anymore!
18. Create your own spa experience (Run yourself a warm bath, pop on your favourite tunes and dedicate a day to yourself. Dedicate time to something you enjoy, such as reading, light meditation, face mask and have an early night)
19. Start a YouTube channel or a blog (I know many people want to join these platforms as a creator and I encourage you to do it! I’ll be your number one supporter, promise xoxo)
20. Write a letter to your future self (I find this activity so interesting because when you open that letter years later, you cringe so hard and it’s fun! I wrote a letter to myself in 2015 and opened it last summer, 2019 and oh boy… so embarrassing!)
I hope you find these tips helpful, and stay sane during self-isolation. I promise you, everything will be alright. Please be patient and try your best to not be stressed because it harms your health and we don’t want it during this time, don’t we? You can always reach me out from my socials or drop me an email!